Monday, July 6, 2009

Touched by the iPod update








As a proud iPod Touch owner, I was counting the days until last week's release of the iPhone OS 3.0 update. Though the Touch is sometimes treated as lowly sibling to its bigger brother iPhone, it boasts many of the same features and received a similar update. But unlike iPhone users, we iPod Touch owners had to shell out $10 for the 3.0 facelift. Was it worth it? I took my iPod Touch for a spin after installing 3.0 and here's what I uncovered.
I know some users had trouble downloading the update the first day, but it worked smoothly and relatively quickly for me. I also heard the update disabled Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on some units, mostly the first generation Touch. But all key functions on my Touch 2G survived the upgrade intact. Speed and performance also felt the same.by Lance Whitney

No comments: